Michael manages companies through restructurings and turnarounds. For two decades, he has built a unique expertise in fixing the financials (profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow), the financing structure, the organizational setup, and the delivery model of global and domestic corporations in healthy, stressed, and distressed situations. Michael has been the driving force of AlixPartners’ Pro-Active Turnaround offering that helps corporate clients and the investor community to holistically boost companies’ performance . He also serves clients as an interim manager in various functions given his C-level positions before joining AlixPartners.
The following represent a snapshot of Michael’s experience
- Led turnaround efforts in many countries at various global, multibillion-dollar corporations, creating sustainable value by increasing cost-efficiency, implementing a new delivery model (Go To Market and supply chain), and developing a new organization structure and culture
- Led holistic turnaround program of a JSE-listed company in Johannesburg doubling profit of the company and shareholder value
- Managed Go To Market efforts of a multinational medical device company by serving as interim vice president of commercial EMEA and ANZ operations, creating new sales momentum while implementing a leaner, more-customer-oriented sales approach
- Managed as a CRO/ COO/ CEO the financial and operational restructuring of two high-profile distressed cases in Germany in the cable network industry, helping the companies establish a sustainable financing structure and a more efficient delivery model geared toward growth
- Accomplished financial and operational restructuring of an electronics manufacturer in southern Germany
Michael holds a Diploma in business administration from HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management in conjunction with WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management near Koblenz, Germany, and the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada, and he is a member of the Turnaround Management Association in Germany.